Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sonic Generations - OFFICIAL E3 NEWS!

Alright you guys, I got a big one for you.
I know I got a lot of Sonic the Hedgehog fans that come to this blog and I know those same fans have been wanting some news on Sega's brand new game: Sonic Generations. For those of you who don't know, Sonic Generations is a game where the Sonic from the 90's meets the Sonic from the 00's with shocking results. Each level in the game is either a remake of a 2D level from a previous game in 3D, a remake of a 3D level from a previous game in 2D, 2D/HD2D, or 3D/HD3D. It's been said that only the two different Sonics and Robotnik would be in the game, but actually, that isn't the case. From the info I've gathered from the VIP SegaSammy press conference, the characters that will be in SG will be:

Sonic the Hedgehog '90
Sonic the Hedgehog '00
Miles 'Tails' Prower the Fox
Knuckles the Echidna
Dr. Ivo Robotnik
Amy Rose the Hedgehog
Every Member of Chaotix
Ray The Squirrel
The Antagonists From Tails' Skypatrol
The Antagonists From Tails' Adventure
Nack The Weasel
Bean
Bark
Metal Sonic
Mecha Sonic
Mecha Knuckles
Tails' Doll
The E-10x Series
Chaos
Tikal
Pachacamac
Shadow The Hedgehog
Black Doom
G.U.N. Soldier
NiGHTS
Reala
Axel Fury
Ryo Hazuki
Beat
Gum
Corn
Yuji Naka
The Sammy Mascot
Kratos (PS3 Versions)
Cole (PS3 Versions)
Nathan Drake (PS3 Versions)
Sackboy In A Sonic Costume (PS3 Versions)
Master Chief (XB360 Versions)
A Character From Fusion Frenzy TBA (XB360 Versions)
Spawn (XB360 Versions)
Kasumi From DoA (XB360 Versions)
Carl Johnson (WiiU Versions)
Mario Mario (WiiU Versions)
Mario Segali (WiiU Versions)
Kirby The Alien (WiiU Versions)
Adam Sessler (PC Version)
Morgan Webb (PC Versions)
Batman (PC Versions)
Heavy Weapons Guy (PC Versions)
Solid Snake (Arcade Versions)
Michael Jackson (Arcade Versions)
Duke Nukem (Arcade Versions)
Stevie Nicks MKII (Arcade Version In Japan)

As for info on levels/art/music, I only have so much info I can give you. The demo I played at the Kiosks had three levels: Wacky Workbench from Sonic CD (3D), Sega Carnival from Sonic Riders(2D) , and some kind of strange unfinished level I got to by using Sonic 2's level select code in the Sound Test. The unfinished level had me playing as Yuji Naka in a large tower filled with stairs. The controls were really wonky and slow, probably because Sonic Team has no idea how to program Human movement. There was no HUD, not that I needed one, and there was no lighting, because it's unfinished -- I guess. Anyways, I kept on walking up these stairs until what seemed like the 30th floor, indicated by the 30th window that gave a view of Dobuita from Shenmue. An FMV played accompanied by a piano cover of the Sonic Heroes theme played at about x0.3 speed and backwards. The FMV was of Yuji Naka driving to what looked like the SegaSammy HQ in Japan. He walked into the HQ and there was the same tower I was in. Suddenly I was on the roof of the SegaSammy building. I directed Yuji Naka to the edge of the building. In the lot in front of this building was about 50 overweight people each dressed as every character in the Sonic series telling him to not jump. A QTE occured where I had to press the 'X' button. I did, and Yuji Naka flipped everyone off. I chuckled, but my smile was quickly smothered with guilt as Yuji Naka jumped off of the building and died. The credits rolled. Was this the end of the game? There was only one person credited surprisingly: 'ソニックファン'. Which roughly translates to: 'Sonic Fan'. I'll try to get some more info if I can, until then, stay diversified.

No comments:

Post a Comment